Somerset County Professional Bathtub Refinishing
Replacing a bathtub can take days or even weeks and really mess up your life and your pocket. A tub replacement could bring in a demo crew, plumber, drywaller, carpenter and/or painter. These people are going to traipse in and out of your house, causing you stress and creating a mess.
Professional bathtub refinishing is a cost effective alternative to replacing a bathtub that is worn out, rusted, cracked, damaged, or out of style with a dated color.
Somerset County Bathtub Repair
Bathtub repair can save the day! Our tub resurfacing service, sometimes called bathtub restoration or bathtub refinishing, is a low cost solution that usually takes just a few hours and you can use your tub the next day.
The Tub Resurfacing Process
- First we check the surface for damages. Any damaged caulking is removed.
- We thoroughly clean the tub, sink, and/or tiles with an industrial acid etch. The acid etch brings the enamel to a faintly rough surface, comparable to a chalkboard. We fill any chips, deep scratches, etc with a professional fiberglass and sand to a smooth finish.
- We place masking paper around the tub and the overflow plate is removed. The rest of the floor is covered with a drop cloth and then we install a ventilation system. After all this is done, we are ready to begin the process of spraying.
- We spray 2 coats of base primer inside and outside of the bathtub and we let the primer dry for about 10 minutes. We spray 3 coats of poly-glass resin, and the finish will be shiny and glossy. The tub will look like new again.
- After the job is complete we highly recommend waiting 24 hours or until the surface is completely dry to start using your tub or sink.
- This will guarantee a life span of 10 to 15 years with good care.